Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Trifecta Cheesecake Weekend (Part 2)

So when I last left you, dear Reader, you were going to try the incredible bacon and eggs cheesecake . And I had promised you that I made my 40-something friend an even better one.

But how can you improve upon such sinful goodness? By adding on a couple more sins to the mix.


Notice the difference in colour? It brings out the bacon (there is actually more bacon in the other cake, but the colour of this cake enhances the bacon bits). What could give a cream-coloured cheesecake such a tan-like colour? Sun lamp?

Remember when I said my friend and her husband were Irish? Now, far be it for me to stereotype people. My partner is half Irish and my son has a full Irish name. But really, the only thing that could make a bacon and eggs cheesecake better is to add alcohol to it. And not just any alcohol, but that most famous of Irish liqueurs used in cheesecakes worldwide.

Bacon and Bailey's Cheesecake

Follow the directions for the bacon and eggs cheesecake, except you add 3/4 cup (yes THAT much) of Bailey's to the mix just after you mix the eggs in. To make it even more decadent, melt a 2 oz square of baking chocolate, and allow it to cool but not solidify. After you add the bacon, and pour it into the pan, pour the chocolate on top and use a knife to swirl it in for a marble effect. (Yes I am trying to get Wilford Brimley to visit your house).

Bake this cake for 45-60 min, again doing the jiggle test after 35 min. 

Normally, this size of cheesecake will serve about 6 - 8 people. But you will either refuse to share it or you will want to cut very small slices since it's so rich. If the latter, you're a better person than both my friend and I, who hid it away from the rest of her party. 




No comments:

Post a Comment